[Simh] Largest VAX / PDP disk sizes

Armistead, Jason Jason.Armistead at otis.com
Fri Mar 26 13:11:16 EDT 2010

Tim

Doing a bit more digging, it looks like if I just use the SIMH “RAUSER” disk type, and give it a size large enough for my needs, I’ll be OK.  The precompiled SIMH binaries for Windows include 64 bit file support so I can go bigger than 2Gb without any problems.

I also came across a archived post from Bob Supnik lamenting the lack of information for the RA70, RA73 and the other disk I mentioned.  Kind of bizarre that no-one knows the details.  I half expected a former Digital employee or a NOPSIG member might have known the answers or been able to put their hands on a product technical / service manual, or that someone with a still-running system might have been able to provide the answers.  Thank goodness for MSCP !

Thanks

Jason