[Simh] Converting VMS BACKUP saveset file to SIMH tape file

Armistead, Jason Jason.Armistead at otis.com
Thu Mar 25 23:52:23 EDT 2010

Hi

I have a number of VMS BACKUP savesets that were created as disk files on my VAX host, and then FTP-ed in BINARY mode to a PC.

What's the easiest way to convert them into SIMH magtape files so that they can be accessed by VMS running within SIMH as tape-based savesets ?

I'm trying to avoid having to FTP the savesets into my emulated VAX's disk filesystem.

Are there any VMS BACKUP command qualifiers I should use to make the savesets "more compatible" when they're converted to SIMH magtape files ?

Thanks in advance

Jason