[Simh] LGP-30

Jason Stevens neozeed at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 05:41:08 EDT 2010

I should be sleeping.... Anyways, this looks really cool, here is a
mechanical translation of the readme from German to English... (
translate.google.com)

-----------
9.8.2005  Christian Corti

Kurzanleitung zum LGP30-Simulator - Version 1.70

1st Files
----------
The simulator essentially consists of the main program LGP30SIM.EXE.
In addition, there are subdirectories with the extension. TRM, in which
"Snapshots" of the drum contents are stored. The simulator can
be produced and accessed.

LGP30SIM.EXE main program
LOCHSTR / directory with the tape files for the LGP-30
START.TRM / directory with the drum contents "START", 9.0 (Bootstrap)
and 10.4 (Monitor) are already on the drum.

2nd Start
--------
In the directory containing the files just start LGP30SIM simulator. It
appears
then the console screen. When you call the simulator may, if necessary
more options with the command line are passed. These are:
  /? Show options

  / S Enable serial console
  Thus the input / output of a simulated Flexowriters
serial port redirected. The start button on Flexowriter
is by BREAK (eg simulated BREAK key on a V.24 terminal).
  The syntax is:
/ S: port, baud, par, bits, stop
: port number of the COM ports (0, 1, 2, 3)
baud: baud rate (e.g. 9600)
par: parity (N = none, E = even, O = odd)
bits: Number of data bits (7 or 8)
stop: Number of stop bits (1 or 2)

/ P Enable output to printer
  The output of the simulated Flexowriters after PRN (the
Standard printer under DOS sent). The input is still
with the keyboard on the computer.
Syntax:
/ P: 1

  / L Slow simulation
  This is the execution speed of the simulator about
to the real speed of the processing set LGP-30.
Even on a 4.77 MHz 8088 system is the simulation clearly
faster than the original system.

  / Z Delete default drum content
  The drum is running the simulator is cleared and
does not contain the last state of the simulator run.

3rd Operation
------------
After startup, the first thing the console screen of the simulator. The
Console is divided into several areas:

- Status (first line of the screen)
  Here is the current state of the simulator is presented, the following are
  possible:
  STOP - execution is stopped
  PAYS - program or command is running
  OVERFLOW - execution was stopped because of an overflow in the accumulator
  ENTER - Program expected input from the simulated Flexowriter (keyboard)

Also appears on the left side when reading a punched tape
  (READ from file) '', in writing accordingly, 'WRITE'.

- Register Display (top right)
  The registers display corresponds to the ad on the Oszilloskopröhre
  LGP-30. It can be seen: instruction counter, instruction register and
accumulator.
  Just beneath the mask of command, track, and cell is indicated.
  To the left of the mask is the command that is currently in command
  register is, in disassembled form, with an empty register, therefore
  Z 0000th

- Operating (top left)
  With the specified key can be changed; operation, the
  current state is highlighted. You can choose between normal,
  Single operation and input of hand switch. In the third mode can be
  to enter it by pressing the Enter key a bit in the accumulator,
  with either 4-bit or 6-bit is input, depending on the status of the
  Press the "6-bit input.

- Dump (middle)
  The field itself can dump the contents constitute the drum. It
  appear always 8 cells. Links of the bitwise representation
  here is the address of the cell in the form [trace cell], again
  left of the command that is in the cell (see mask).
  Using the cursor keys to navigate within the drum.
  The key assignment is here to help on the left.

- Panel buttons (on the bottom of the screen)
  The keys of the LGP-30 are realized with the keys F1 to F10. Similar to
the
  LGP-30, only buttons that are labeled brightly, in the current operating
  a state function.

The output of the Flexowriters carried on a second screen, with the
by pressing Alt-F2 can be changed. Similarly, there appear
all input from the keyboard. Go to console you get with Alt-F1.

One of the most important programs on the LGP-30, the program is 10.4, with
the
can be read in other programs or programs with which you assemble
can (with Adreßumwandlung). To this end, already has a snapshot
the drum made with a loaded 10.4, which is called START.
This is loaded with Ctrl-L. Similarly, Ctrl-S can be the entire
Drum tab including save.

The operation of the simulator is below with an example
are explained.

4th Shortcuts
---------------

Alt-F1 console on the display of the screen
Alt-F2 representation of the input / output on the screen Flexowriter
ESC simulator exit (after inquiry), or
Input to the accumulator exit prematurely (during ENTER)

Ctrl-L: Load Drum Content
The name of the drum, only the actual name without suffix
. TRM can be specified.
Ctrl-S: drum content store
For the name the same as above. The name is at the ending
. Supplemented TRM and creates a subdirectory, which then
two files: REGS.MEM and TROMMEL.MEM.

Alt-E: results of the input
        Possible input sources are:
Keyboard (T)
File (D), it should be the content of a perforated strip located.
The option paper tape (L) works only with special hardware
and therefore can not be used.

Alt-O: Switch the output
Possible output devices are:
Screen (S) to see with Alt-F2
File (D) so that the output can be redirected to a file.
For the tape option is the same as in the paragraph above.

Alt-T: Trace
When the trace function are all the commands executed
are logged to a file, together with the register contents.

N Normal
This is the normal operating mode of the LGP-30.
E Single Operation
In this mode, press Start at the respective next
Command executed.
H input by hand
In this mode via the keyboard input of an accumulator
. Done With the RETURN command is started, then it is with
<ESC> Ended.

F1 Start
F2 counters - delete the program counter is set to zero.
F3 command type - the content of the accumulator is in the
Instruction register transfer.
F4 command - execute the current command in the command register is
executed.
F5 .. F8 No Halt - These are the conditional breakpoints in a
Application can be queried.
F9 6-bit input - instead appears with four bits of each character in the
Entry with his full 6-bit code in the accumulator.
F10 jump - conditional jump, the query using the-T command
can be.

The keys F5 through F10 work as well as an input, the simulator
expected.

A. Sample
-----------
Translation of the lunar landing program using the ACT-V compiler and
subsequent start.
There are following this tape (both as a file on the computer
filed): V-ACT requires compiler, ACT-V Basic subroutines, source code of the
Moon landing, root subroutine.

1st Loading the drum with a program loaded already 4.10
   Ctrl-L -> start <return>
   As already mentioned only "start typing", not as "Start.trm.

2nd Reading of the ACT-V compiler
   Alt-E -> D <return> -> lochstr \ act5 <return>

   The message "keyboard input" changes to "input file".
   If the file is not found, this is indicated with a short tone
   and the display does not change.

   Then:
   N (switch to normal mode)
   F1 (Start)

3rd Reading of the ACT-V Basic Subroutines
   Alt-E -> D <return> -> lochstr \ act5bs <return>
   E (Single Operation)
   F2 (clear counter i.e., 10.4, reboot)
   N (Normal)
   F1 (Start)

4th Translation of the source program
   Alt-E -> T <return> (switch to keyboard input)
   F2
   F1

   Here, 10.4 expected input from the keyboard (top right of ENTER
   flashes), in this example, the compiler must be started. These
   Please enter:
   .0002000
   F1

   The simulator keeps the same again (HALT), for now, some
   Break Points ("No danger") is set to 6-bit switch input and
   the source code be made lesebereit. Therefore:
   F7
   F8
   F9
   Alt-E -> D <return> -> lochstr \ Mondl <return>
   F1

   Now the source program is read and translated. At the end of the over-
   implementation of the symbol table will be printed.
   NOTE: Do not forget, if necessary with Alt-F1 and Alt-F2 between
   switch the screens. This works well, while the simulator
   expects.

5th Importing the root sub-
   In the symbol table we see that the label S000 (= last code address)
   is 1042nd This information we need to get a place for the
   to find root. Suitably, it is loaded after 1045th

   F7, F8, F9 (reset key)
   Alt-E -> T <return>
   E, F2, N, F1 (start 10.04 new)

   Now enter the following:
   ; 0001045
   F1
   / 0001045

   IMPORTANT: Here now quit the command with ESC prematurely.

   Alt-E -> D <return> -> lochstr \ root <return>
   F1
   Alt-E -> T <return>

6th Last but not least: Start of the lunar landing
   E, F2, N, F1

   Enter:
   .0000300
   F1, F1

   So, and now have fun with the moon landing!
   (Remember: Always sign when entering numbers to enter!)

If you want to play on the moon again, it is worth the
Drum contents secure, so that in future only download the contents and
must start with the F1 simulation.
This should do the following before or after point 6:
E, F2, N, F1

Enter:
.0000300
F1

Ctrl-S -> [file name, for example MOON] <return>
(Enter the name without extension)

The next time the simulator is the moon landing started as follows:
Ctrl-L -> [file name, s.o.] <return>
F1
-----------
Here is the steps I managed to bang out for the moon landing...

------------
ctrl+l
start
alt+e
lochstr\act5
F1

alt+e
lochstr\act5bs
F2
F1

alt+e
f2
f1

.0002000
F1

f7
f8
f9
alt+e
lochstr\mondl
f1

f7
f8
f9
alt+e t
f2
f1
; 0001045
F1
/ 0001045

esc

alt+e
lochstr\wurzel
f1
alt+e

f2
f1

.0000300
f1
f1
---------------

then hit alt+f2 and....

mist..0000300

DIE MONDLANDING
Masse der Mondfaehre  1500 kg
Ausgangshoehe  30000 m
Bremszuendungen in 10-Sekundenintervallen mit Staerke 5 bis 45.
Ausgangsgeschwindigkeit  y
10

Hopefully this will help someone along the way.... OH and it's a MS-DOS
executable, but it ran fine for me in DOSBox....