[Simh] LGP-30

Rich Alderson simh at alderson.users.panix.com
Sat Jun 5 01:02:27 EDT 2010

> Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 14:04:40 +0800
> From: Michael Richter <ttmrichter at gmail.com>

> Silly question, but how are those tape images actually used in SIMH?  I seem
> to be missing something, likely something blindingly obvious (given that
> I've never used an LGP-30 in my life and have only seen one from a
> distance).

Michael,

Have you read the LGP simulator document which comes with the SimH download?
It tells you that there are two devices which can read the tapes, either the
TTY's tape reader (TTYI1) or the high-speed paper tape reader (PTR).  Both of
these can have disk files attached to them--examples are given in the
documentation.

                                                                Rich Alderson