[Simh] An idea for graphics support in SIMH

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Jul 7 13:24:50 EDT 2010

I don't believe you get CDE with OpenVMS/VAX.  I've found that with my
Alpha's I prefer to use a WinXP box with free X-Windows software as my
"X-Terminal".  Sadly the version of X-Windows that ships with Mac OS X is
lacking.  Though I can still display apps on Mac OS X, I've never
successfully gotten CDE running (I did under System 8).

For any X-Windows apps running on VMS, I would think that even with SIMH/VAX
this would be the preferable solution.

Zane