[Simh] Telnet problems

David and Jan Takle djtakle at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 00:51:47 EST 2010

Using Nova emulator.
Can someone tell me what Telnet client to use and how to configure it?
Here are the commands I am using to start RDOS

ATTACH DKP0 rdos_d31.dsk
SET CONSOLE DASHER
SET CONSOLE TELNET=2000
BOOT DKP

Then I start the Telnet and connect to port 2000. It sort-of works, but only
if I press <Ctl-J> for an enter key, and Backspace is a real mess.
I would like the <Return> and <backspace> keys to be interpreted by RDOS
properly to make it easy to use. I have tried several Telnet programs and
all the settings each one offers, but nothing seems to work. I've also tried
"SET CONSOLE ANSI" but that doesn't work either.
What am I missing here?

Thanks,
~David