[Simh] Simh CPU IDLE and Xen

Lennert Van Alboom lennert at vanalboom.org
Mon Feb 8 08:20:29 EST 2010

I will release the "appliance" when it's ready, sure.
So far it's not much more than a very stripped down linux that passes
control of its only network interface to simh, which gets started at
boottime. I might include a web interface that manages the simh instance
itself, perhaps.

But so far, the Xen issue is seriously slowing me down. I can't do
development on the Xen machine if I'm crippling the machine for other
users.

I don't think the issue is with the guest OS' idle detection at all; I'm
fairly sure it's how simh translates this idle stuff to the host
machine. This translation works fine on bare metal or fullvirt, but
paravirt doesn't like it.