[Simh] old computer virii

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 00:11:42 EST 2010

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 12:01 AM, Fernan Bolando
<fernanbolando at mailc.net> wrote:
> The morris worm is fine too you know where the source for those?
> wikipedia says the creeper virus runs on pdp10
>
> On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Jason Stevens <neozeed at gmail.com> wrote:
>> where there any?  I've heard of some fun worms but that old morris &
>> Father Christmas one...
>>
>> Maybe the latter would be appropriate for the season...
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Fernan Bolando
>> <fernanbolando at mailc.net> wrote:
>>> anybody knows where i can sources for the old pdp and tops based viruses?

Hello!
I believe that the source for the RTM one which made it crystal clear
that we needed some type of protection against such problems was
retained by the Feds and is sitting in whatever warehouse they use for
keeping evidence of such events. (No not the one from the Indiana
Jones films... And certainly not the one from the Syfy TV series.)

I strongly suggest that if you do track down these dangerous programs
you do your testing on systems who're kept isolated from the Internet.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com