[Simh] Hardware Requirements

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon Dec 6 23:02:41 EST 2010

At 7:55 PM -0700 12/6/10, Bruce Claremont wrote:
>For a PDP-11 emulation, something as simple as an Atom processor
>would do the job.  I would recommend a dual-core processor simply to
>provide better overall performance.
>
>Bruce C.

Considering you need about 200Mhz for PDP-10 emulation, I think any
Atom processor would be more than fast enough.  I've been looking
into putting together an Atom-based system for this, and I am
planning on a Dual-Core.

I used to have a dedicated box for PDP-10 emulation, it was built
using a Celeron 500Mhz CPU.

Zane

| healyzh at aracnet.com              | OpenVMS Enthusiast         |
|                                  | Photographer               |