[Simh] Ultrix TK50

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 6 18:39:22 EST 2010

I have had problems similar problems. My records on this are not entirely
clear. Possibly it was with the VAX emulator trying to install VMS 3.0 from
a virtual tape of BB-D782E-BE. In that case I know I could not use the TQ
simulation and had to use the TS emulation instead. But that could be
because the TK50 came out after 3.0, I really can't remember now. I do
remember though getting some sort of bad tape error which you would not
expect to get from a virtual tape, whether that was with the 3.0 tape or
something else though I am not entirely sure, sorry if that is not a lot of
help.

Regards

Rob

"Ultrix-32_3.0_unsupp.tap"
> (surprise!)
> >      The controller was QBUS TQK50 (M7546), the drive was TK50.
> > 2) SimH can not read  "Ultrix-32_3.0_unsupp.tap" error free, neither on
Ultrix