[Simh] RT-11 .DSK usage (was DECUS C)

Michael Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 06:54:25 EDT 2010

What I'm not catching is where to get this FLX program from.  The only FLX I
can find anywhere runs on Linux or other Unix-alikes.  My RSTS/E 9.6
installation doesn't have any file anywhere beginning with FLX.  (I don't
have an RSX-11M machine to try this with yet, mind.)

On 23 August 2010 17:53, Tim Shoppa <shoppa at trailing-edge.com> wrote:

> shoppa at trailing-edge.com (Tim Shoppa) wrote:
> > Examples below show mounting the DECUS 11-424 disk image 110424.dsk
> > under the MSCP driver unit 1 (aka rq1 in SIMH).
> > [...]
> > sim> att rq1 110424.dsk
>
> Oh, one thing that many here do not seem to have caught on to with
> regards to MSCP disk usage. Although
> SIMH RQ supports specifying the disk type (e.g. SET RQn RA90) only a
> few poorly-designed, and not so often used, operating systems care
> what the disk type is set to. All the reasonable OS's treat it as a big
> bunch of blocks.
>
> Tim.

"Perhaps people don't believe this, but throughout all of the discussions of
entering China our focus has really been what's best for the Chinese people.
It's not been about our revenue or profit or whatnot."