[Simh] DECUS C

Shoppa, Tim tshoppa at wmata.com
Mon Aug 2 13:45:18 EDT 2010

Alan and Richard rightfully complained about the last E-mail I sent. I apologize, the work E-mail system is Microsoft Outhouse and falls into encoded html E-mail at the drop of a hat.

As the maintainer and administrator of the simh mailing list, I'm probably triply guilty!

In my reply, I was mostly just pointing out the availability of DECUS PDP-11 C as DECUS 11SP68,
On the web at many places including

  http://www.classiccmp.org/PDP-11/RT-11/freeware/dsk/misc

in decusc.dsk

Alan Baldwin supplies some fixes and enhancements to the DECUS/Minnow package that
I highly recommend, especially if you want to build his TCP/IP with it. Available as disk images at

  http://pgb-arb.homeip.net/rthtml/tcpget.php

And regarding C compilers, Digital sold "VAX C" and "DEC C" as two different generations of their complier technology.

As to modern free compilers (esp ANSI C and not K&R C) GCC works fine if exquisitely slowly at 1 VUP. In Glenn Everhart's DECUS Collections and also I'm sure at gnu.org.

Tim.