[Simh] NetBSD VAX and Ubuntu networking

Lennert Van Alboom lennert at vanalboom.org
Tue Apr 27 09:23:12 EDT 2010

And equally important...

1) is your package capable of doing networking? the debian package is
built WITHOUT networking.
2) what kind of network is it you're trying to setup?
3) simh runs as which user on your machine?

I run a custom-built simh on debian. I have assigned a complete network
card to simh (dedicated); simh needs to run as root for that to work. I
guess I could chown/chmod devices too but haven't tried that.