[Simh] RSTS/E and TPC formatted tape images

Michael Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 22:00:04 EDT 2010

My own memory on this was non-existent.  My only work outside of the user
level on RSTS was as a minor tape monkey running prewritten scripts for
obsessively labelled tapes.

Delving into the painful (because they're images, not text) manuals gave me
a real Homer moment, though.  Want to know what's on a mounted tape?  Just
DIR it....  The indices and backup sets on the tape are given just as if the
tape were a disk drive.  D'oh!

On the bright side I'm converting the manuals to DJVU format with OCRing so
I can do searches more quickly now.