[Simh] simh VAX780 XU Ethernet device failure

Hölscher hoelscher-kirchbrak at freenet.de
Fri Apr 9 12:12:33 EDT 2010

I found out the the simh VAX780 (Windows version) XU DEUNA/DELUA Ethernet interface does not work with VMS versions prior to V5.x.

I get the following error messages when DECnet (VMS V4.x) is started:

%NCP-I-NMLRSP, listener response - Operation failure

%SYSTEM-F-TIMEOUT, device timeout
                 , timeout
                 , unit is active
                 , line disconnected
                 , fatal hardware error
%NCP-I-NMLRSP, listener response - Unrecognized component, Circuit
Circuit = UNA-0

I get the following error messages when DECnet (VMS V3.x) is started:

%NCP-I-NMLRSP, listener response - Operation failure, detail # 512
Line = UNA-0
%SYSTEM-F-TIMEOUT, device timeout
%NCP-I-NMLRSP, listener response - Unrecognized component, Circuit
Circuit = UNA-0

(The circuit error is a consecutive fault to the UNA-0 line error)

When using VMS versions V5.x everything works fine.

This behavior was obtained with:
- WinPcap V4.1.1 and 4.0.2
- simh VAX780 V3.8-1, 3.8-0, 3.7-3, 3.7-1 and 3.7-0

Who can help?

Regards,

Ulli

P.S.
I can provide VMS V3&V4 including DECnet