[Simh] M20 simulator

dott.Piergiorgio dott.piergiorgio at fastwebnet.it
Wed Sep 23 00:05:25 EDT 2009

Michael Kerpan ha scritto:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Bob Supnik <bob at supnik.org> wrote:
>> Serge,
>>
>> Congratulations!  This is a first.  I'd be happy to merge the sources
>> into the main stream.  If I find any compatibility issues with the
>> various compilers, I'll let you know.
>>
>> Howard,
>>
>> The next release of SimH will be done in December.  Mostly bug fixes,
>> but now the M20 to be added as well.
>>
>> /Bob Supnik
>
> Is this the Z8000-based Ollivetti M20 that's being added or the
> chess-playing Soviet M20?
>
> Mike

Sadly, it's the Soviet M20 computer.

 From what I understand of SIMH, the M20 can be implemented, the major
work to be done is the implementation of the Z8000 CPU.

A side question, it's possible to implement a decimal and/or serial CPU
? If so, near everything from 1945 to 1980s can be implemented... oh,
and about the biquinary system of the IBM 650 ?

Best regards from Italy,
Dott. Piergiorgio.