[Simh] VAX set idle cpu = VMS work yet

Vorländer, Martin MV at pdv-systeme.de
Mon Sep 7 05:39:54 EDT 2009

> > I understand there was a patch for this command to work on
> > simh, but I am using latest version, and it doesn't appear to
> > be there. Since I using simh on a single cpu laptop (I
> > know.), much CPU-hogging is going on.
> >
> > Has this been fixed?
>
> Could it be that the command doesn't work for you because it's
> really SET CPU IDLE=VMS (instead of the spelling you used in the
> subject)?
>
> I use the correct spelling in the simh.ini file! No luck.

Okay. Found it.

Built with the appended patch, and then using SET CPU IDLE=OLDVMS,
my SIMH v3.8-1 VAX doesn't hog the CPU.

The patch probably originates from a suggestion on this list.

HTH,

Martin
--
One OS to rule them all       | Martin Vorlaender  |  OpenVMS rules!
One OS to find them           | work: mv at pdv-systeme.de
One OS to bring them all      |   http://vms.pdv-systeme.de/users/martinv/
And in the Darkness bind them.| home: martin.vorlaender at t-online.de