[Simh] Standards for coding

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 31 14:07:27 EDT 2009

I am trying to write in standard C, but there is no guarantee that I have
not let something slip.

I can compile to 32-bit on Windows and should be able to check 64-bit
Windows. I also have a Linux distribution I can run under Virtual PC which
limits me to 32-bit Linux, so I can't do 64-bit Linux. I do not have access
to a MAC so cannot make any guarantees there, is there anyone who would care
to test my code on 64-bit Linux and on MAC for me when I have the code ready
(just a few more days I hope)?

I noticed that if I try the Visual C++ Express option to check for 64-bit
portability issues I get quite a few warnings from the standard code (VAX
780 build), although this is apparently a deprecated option.

Regards

Rob