[Simh] SUA + Windows 7....

Jason Stevens neozeed at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 09:23:28 EDT 2009

I don't know if there is anyone else that uses SFU/SUA... But I thought I'd
share some tweaks to get SIMH to compile & run...

In sim_timer.c the lines:
(void) nanosleep (&treq, NULL);

will fail as SUA/SFU don't have nanosleep, however you can replace it with
usleep and it'll work... I use this:
(void) usleep (milliseconds*1000);

And for some reason some time structures don't get defined so above the
defintion of uint32 sim_os_msec  to satisfy  'foo', simply place in:
struct timezone {
        int                             tz_minuteswest;
        int                             tz_dsttime;
};

And above the definition of uint32 sim_os_ms_sleep_init (void) I placed in:

struct timespec {
        time_t  tv_sec;         /* seconds */
        long    tv_nsec;        /* nanoseconds */
};

In the file sim_sock.c the line:
timerclear (&tz);

will fail as there is no timerclear... So I just replaced it with the
following:
memset(&tz,0x0,sizeof(tz));

I then downloaded & build gnu make 3.81 and I've confirmed that 32v will
load on the VAX11/780 emulator and it will idle 'correctly'......

Although I'm using a x64 system, the default GCC is 32bit.... but I don't
think that matters that much...