[Simh] Dungeon (Zork) questions......

Peter Schorn peter.schorn at acm.org
Sun Oct 11 11:31:36 EDT 2009

I reached the same point but came to a different conclusion:

> .R LIBR
> *OUP:SYSLIB=INP:NHD,OTSCOM,NOVIR,V2NS/G

Seems this will trash an existing SYSLIB without adding to it. The
SYSLIB that I got with RT11 V4 had the missing symbols in it (CVTTIM,
GTIM, $OVRH). So I created a separate FORLIB instead

> *OUP:FORLIB=INP:NHD,OTSCOM,NOVIR,V2NS/G

and modified RTBLD.COM to reference this FORLIB at the end by changing

*DSO6/O:4
*DSO7/O:4//

*DSO6/O:4
*DSO7/O:4
*SY:FORLIB//

This got rid of the undefined globals and the result is a running
DUNGEO.SAV:

.R DUNGEO
Welcome to Dungeon.                     This version created 18-JUL-80.
You are in an open field west of a big white house with a boarded
front door.
There is a small mailbox here.
>GDT
You are not an authorized user.