[Simh] RL drives 2/3 not initializable

Tim Shoppa shoppa at trailing-edge.com
Sat Oct 10 12:56:39 EDT 2009

Bob Supnik <bob at supnik.org> wrote:
> This is a reproducible problem.  I am debugging it.

Don't work too hard debugging it in simh. The RT-11 distribution disks
ship only with support for DL0: and DL1:, to get support for DL2: and DL3:
you have to do a SYSGEN (just tried it and SIMH worked fine on DL2: and DL3:)

It's sometimes easy to forget how RT-11 was by default lean and mean :-).
I mean, my kids DVD player remote control has more buttons on it than
a Model 33 TTY. I do not know what 90% of the buttons on the DVD player
remote do. But I do know it does not have a paper punch!

Tim.