[Simh] Dungeon (Zork) questions......

Carl Lowenstein carl.lowenstein at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 16:36:01 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Jason Stevens <neozeed at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Have you looked at page 7 of the Fortran Installation Guide to
>> distinguish between the different types of object libraries?
>> I don't know what type of floating-point "hardware" is emulated in
>> your SIMH system, nor what type of OTS library you are using.  But I
>> suspect a mismatch.
>>
>>    carl
>> --
>>    carl lowenstein         marine physical lab     u.c. san diego
>>                                                 clowenstein at ucsd.edu
>
> I've picked a few options, and they all build & run the 'test' program ok,
> but dungeon doesn't work...

Are there 3 or 4 different  OTS libraries in
<http://www.headcrashers.org/comp/rx01/fortran-iv/fortran-iv-v021-objecttime-system.img>
If there is only one, it would take some mental time-travel to try to
figure out which flavor of OTS it is

Back in the olden days, the useful choices were NHD, FIS, and FPU.
For "no FP hardware", "11/40-style FP", "11/45-style FP".

> I'd pick a floating point emulator, but none of the options seem to stick
> out as FPE... Or maybe it's because I'm not familiar with RTS-11....

If you can, pick the "no hardware" NHD option, which does its own FP
emulation.  That ought to work regardless of what SIMH-11 is doing for
FP.
I don't think I know exactly what hardware you are emulating with SIMH.

    carl
--
    carl lowenstein         marine physical lab     u.c. san diego
                                                 clowenstein at ucsd.edu