[Simh] Dungeon (Zork) questions......

Carl Lowenstein carl.lowenstein at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 16:17:07 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Jason Stevens <neozeed at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well I've managed to find some Fortran installation instructions here:
>
> http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/pdp11/rt11/v4.0_Mar80/4_fortran/AA-5240D-TC_RT-11_FORTRAN_IV_Installation_Guide_May79.pdf
>
> Thankfully google seems to OCR these things, otherwise I'd have never found
> it.
>
> I've managed to install "Fortran IV V02.1 Compiler Files" and the "Fortran
> IV V02.1 Objecttime System"
>
> http://www.headcrashers.org/comp/rx01/fortran-iv/fortran-iv-v021-compiler-files.img
> http://www.headcrashers.org/comp/rx01/fortran-iv/fortran-iv-v021-objecttime-system.img
>
> building demo.for works, so I thought I was almost there...
>
> I've managed to build & link either
>
> http://www.pdp11.co.uk/library/local/pdp-11/RT-11/dungeon1.dsk
> http://www.pdp11.co.uk/library/local/pdp-11/RT-11/dungeon2.dsk
>
> OR
>
> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/computer-science/history/pdp-11/rt/dsk/misc/dunsrc.dsk
>
> however neither dungeo.sav that is created will run, it doesn't generate any errors or anything...

Have you looked at page 7 of the Fortran Installation Guide to
distinguish between the different types of object libraries?
I don't know what type of floating-point "hardware" is emulated in
your SIMH system, nor what type of OTS library you are using.  But I
suspect a mismatch.

    carl
--
    carl lowenstein         marine physical lab     u.c. san diego
                                                 clowenstein at ucsd.edu