[Simh] Networking through multiple layers of emulation

Hittner, David T (IS) david.hittner at ngc.com
Tue Nov 10 11:49:32 EST 2009

Well, the simplest way is to not use DHCP - hard set the IP address
using TCP$CONFIG.
Various versions of DEC TCPIP did/didn't do DHCP very well. That could
be part of your problem.

You can see the MAC address of the nic with "show xq mac". You can
change this with "set xq mac=xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx".

Wireless Ethernet is not standard ethernet - it looks like Ethernet, but
has many behavioral differences, DHCP being one of them! Wireless
ethernet first has to register a mac address, then it DHCPs it. Many
wireless cards and routers refuse to tolerate multiple mac addresses
coming from the same physical wireless port.

Dave