[Simh] Who do fixes go to? (FPP-8A)

Rick Murphy simh at rickmurphy.net
Sat Mar 21 22:47:52 EDT 2009

I've subscribed to the list as I've recently been working on getting
the SIMH emulation of the FPP-8A working, triggered mostly due to a bug
where the OS/8 FORTRAN FPP emulator hid a bug in the code that tripped
up a real FPP-12.

I have a patch that clears up a bunch of little problems and allows
SIMH to run OS/8 Adventure with the FPP enabled.
Adventure is a pretty reasonable test as it exercises a lot of code,
including the weird corner cases like double precision integer base
page addressing. Also it uses some instructions that FORTRAN doesn't
normally use, like autoincrement JXNs for loop counters.

Debugging the SIMH code actually exposed a few new bugs in Adventure.

In any case, who gets bug fixes for SIMH and how would you like them? :-)
	-Rick