[Simh] Proposal for a new make system

Philipp Hachtmann hachti at hachti.de
Tue Mar 10 16:55:00 EDT 2009

Hey Lars (and others, of course!),

so you arrived well.. :-)

> I have been hacking away on new makefiles, to possible replace
> the current makefile. They is recursive, but it does not use
> configure.
Ah...! I like to bring back to mind my last option pack for simh.... :-)

Here's the link to my makefile and readline additions:
http://hachti.de/simh/readline-hack-08100101.zip

I do not use recursive makefiles. Just one. But that works and took days to create...

> You can use the existing makefile and my proposal in parallel.
> Everything in my proposal is confined to the directory build.
Like mine...

Best wishes,

Philipp :-)

--