[Simh] Deathrow OpenVMS SIMH Node..

Jeremy Begg jeremy at vsm.com.au
Mon Mar 9 20:10:26 EDT 2009

Hi,

>> From: Da Beave <beave at deathrow.vistech.net>
>
>> Right now,  we're a SIMH,  Alpha,  VAX and soon to be Itanium "shop".
>
>IIRC (from reading posts on comp.os.vms), OpenVMS Itanium does not support
>clustering with VAXen, only Alphai.

It's my understanding the clusters with VAX and Integrity are supported "for
migration purposes" (i.e. it is known to work) but clusters with all three
hardware platforms are not supported.  I suspect the real issue is the
functional disparity between OpenVMS V7.3 and OpenVMS V8.2 & later (7.3
being the last release for VAX and 8.2 being the first release for IA64).

Regards,

        Jeremy Begg

  |            VSM Software Services Pty. Ltd.              |
  |                 http://www.vsm.com.au/                  |
  |       "OpenVMS Systems Management & Programming"        |
  | P.O.Box 402, Walkerville, |  E-Mail:  jeremy at vsm.com.au |
  | South Australia 5081      |   Phone:  +61 8 8221 5188   |
  |  A.C.N. 068 409 156       |     FAX:  +61 8 8221 7199   |