[Simh] Deathrow OpenVMS SIMH Node..

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon Mar 9 00:18:35 EDT 2009

At 12:00 AM +0000 3/9/09, Da Beave wrote:
>I run the "Deathrow OpenVMS cluster".  I'm mailing the list because
>we've added
>a OpenVMS node "DAHMER" (dahmer.vistech.net) under SIMH.   We have other "real
>hardware" nodes (GEIN - gein.vistech.net DS10L/Alpha & MANSON -
>manson.vistech.net - uVAX).  The cluster is pretty heavly used,  and I'm
>interested to see how SIMH will work with a multi-user/clustered enviroment.
>
>Has anyone attempted this before?   If so,  what pitfall's can I expect? So
>far,  the node seems pretty stable.   For more information on the
>project check
>out http://deathrow.vistech.net.  Thanks!

I've not done this, but I'll be watching your results with interest.
I've been thinking of doing this even though I really prefer to run
on real hardware.  I'm especially interested in using this as a way
to serve up cheap disk space to a cluster, but might also be
interested in such a setup for a DECnet area router.

Zane