[Simh] [simh] Unix version 1 on SIMH

Kay Dekker kaydekker at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 22 21:18:30 EDT 2009

>This effort is significant, because it was believed until recently

>that the early versions of Unix had been lost.

That is very deeply cool work. It terrifies me sometimes to realise how very precarious the historical record is - and this is material only 40 years old! (Younger than I am...)

>The work is based on an extension of SIMH to support the PDP-11
>model used in early Unix development.

Does anyone know yet if Warren Toomey is going to make his modifications to SIMH available so that we can run the resurrected systems for ourselves?

Kay