[Simh] The Ultimate SIMH VAX Networking Challenge!

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sun Jul 12 14:51:26 EDT 2009

I don't have a TCP/IP solution but I have found that DECnet works fine even
when the simulated VAXen are on the same host (I don't understand DECnet
well enough to explain why). I would have thought that the winpcap
limitation would not affect visibility from the internet. So, although you
would not be using just TCP/IP you could achieve most of what you want with
nothing special. The only thing you would not be able to do is Telnet into
the simulated VAXen, but there again you can still telnet into the console
session.

Regards

Rob