[Simh] Hello and a noobish question about networking

Michael Kerpan mjkerpan at kerpan.com
Mon Jan 19 14:00:42 EST 2009

So I'm Mike from Boston, a long time user and a first time "caller"...

I recently got an OpenVMS hobby license and a copy of the OpenVMS 7.3
distribution media. My question is fairly simple, but I can't seem to
figure out how to proceed: how do I get Simh 3.8 set up to use a
tun/tap network interface in Linux? I would assume that I need to
install all the pcap stuff and compile the VAX emulator with network
support, but where would I go from there? Is there anything special
I'd need to do? Is the fact that my network card is of the wireless
sort a problem? I've never used tun/tap before and this is pretty
esoteric stuff, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike