[Simh] SIMH 3.8-1 IDLE in VMS, interesting CPU usage

Marc Chametzky marc at bluevine.net
Tue Feb 17 21:36:50 EST 2009

> You might want to compare VirtualBox. I recently set up JeOS in
> VirtualBox 2.1.2, went very smoothly.

I wanted to go with ESXi because I wanted to try using a bare-metal
hypervisor. Of course, I'm not sure there'd be that much difference with
VirtualBox running inside an ubuntu JeOS system, but it could
potentially add one additional layer of indirection.

Additionally, I knew that ESXi supported VLANs, and I wanted to be able
to set up resource limits on some virtual machines (such as "vaxhost"
since it's likely to be CPU bound). I hadn't checked, but I had assumed
that these features might not be available in VirtualBox. (A check right
now confirmed that my expectations may be correct, although I did not
examine the documentation that closely and may have missed something.)

--Marc