[Simh] A new version...

Philipp Hachtmann hachti at hachti.de
Sat Sep 20 06:38:25 EDT 2008

> You're taking it wrong.

Sorry, was just exhausted and tired...

I was going to retest the
> makefile with the string fixes but the link didn't work.

The link? http://hachti.de/simh? Perhaps my server had an automatic
downtime? The latest version is
http://hachti.de/simh/readline-hack-08092001.zip

> Even if it wasn't compatible enough yet to work on every
> platform, it did work quite well under Linux and should
> be available for developers to use, regardless of whether
> or not it's accepted for the main archive.

It is available. And will stay available. I'm open for suggestions, too.
The beginning of the Makefile is still an issue.
And the readline support still lacks command completion (if one would
really implement that).

> Testing to
> the required standard is a long drawn out process,
> dozens if not hundreds of cases have to be determined,
> concerns addressed etc.

My problem is that I don't have those exotic systems SIMH could be built
on. I have only my Linux - and small minicomputers like PDP8 etc.

Best wishes,
Philipp :-)

--
http://www.hachti.de