[Simh] Terminal program with X/Y/Z modem, serial & TCP (telnet/ssh) capabilities.

Jason Stevens neozeed at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 22:06:26 EDT 2008

Recently I've come across Syncterm, which is part of synchronet BBS
software.
This program for OS X, Win32 & Linux is much like the old BBS terminal
programs of the old days, however it will let you transfer files with x/y/z
modem which could be useful for some people's emulated machines that don't
have Ethernet but may support Xmodem...

You can find it here:

http://syncterm.bbsdev.net/

From the project page:

-Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP, Linux, OpenBSD, NetBSD, OS X , and FreeBSD
-X/Y/ZModem up/downloads
-Runs in full-screen mode on ALL platforms (ALT-Enter switches modes)
-*nix versions will run using SDL, X11, or using curses
-Full ANSI-BBS support
-Full CGTerm Commodore 64 PETSCII support
-Full Atari 8-bit ATASCII support
-DoorWay support
-Support for IBM low and high ASCII including the face graphics (☺ and ☻)
and card symbols (♥, ♦, ♣, and ♠) which so many other terms have problems
with (may not work in curses mode... depends on the terminal being used).
-Phone books
-Multiple screen modes (80x25, 80x28, 80x43, 80x50, 80x60, 132x25, 132x28,
132x30, 132x34, 132x43, 132x50, 132x60)
-ANSI Music (through the sound card if installed)
-Telnet, RLogin, SSH, RAW, modem, and direct serial connections
-Auto-login with Synchronet RLogin
-Large Scrollback
-Mouse-driven menus
-Copy/Paste
-Supports character pacing for ANSI animation as well as the VT500 ESC[*r
sequence to allow dynamic speed changes
-Comes with 37 standard fonts and allows the BBS to change the current font
*and* upload custom fonts. This tool will allow you to create fonts for use
with SyncTERM.

And it's GPL'd...

Sorry, I don't want to seem too spamtastic here, but I thought this was
worth sharing.