[Simh] Unix 1st edition support

Bob Supnik bob at supnik.org
Fri May 9 12:46:33 EDT 2008

This is really great work, and I'm delighted to see it progress.

I've reviewed the current KE11A implementation, and it will require some
changes before it can be generally released.  Specifically,

1. divide overflow is not handled correctly
2. left shifts of 32 need to be special cased, because in C, (32b
quantity << 32) is undefined (and it works differently on different
machines)
3. normalize is not setting the CC's

and a bunch of other nits.

I'll include the KE11A in the next release of SimH.  If anyone has test
code (or better still, the diagnostics with documentation), please let
me know.

I agree also that a real DC11 is needed, and I'd like to get that into
the next release as well.

/Bob Supnik