[Simh] 3.8-0 released

J. David Bryan jdbryan at acm.org
Wed Jun 25 22:10:55 EDT 2008

On Wednesday, June 25, 2008 at 16:29, I wrote:

> I'll see about getting a more complete writeup of the restoration
> process and the subsequent RTE boot to Al in the next day or so for
> posting at the above URL.

There are now some tape restoration notes and SIMH logs at:

  http://www.bitsavers.org/bits/HP/tapes/rte-6vm/rte-tape-restoration/

The "restoring-psave-tapes.txt" file outlines the basic procedure for
getting bootable RTE disc images from the tapes in the parent directory,
and the log files are console captures from the SIMH sessions I did to
restore and boot the images.

The "BCKOF.sim" file contains the commands necessary to restore the tape
images to disc images, and the "RTE.sim" file contains the commands to boot
the resulting discs.

If anyone has trouble, please post the problems here to the SIMH list.

                                      -- Dave