[Simh] simh terminal format?

Marc Chametzky marc at bluevine.net
Tue Jun 17 16:49:41 EDT 2008

> Here's 'EDIT' on rt-11:
>
> .EDIT V5USER.TXT
> <)07[r[?6l8[m>=[H[J7[H[24B#5[132C[6n8

I can't speak much about RT-11, but I can tell you that this looks like
VT100 escape sequences. "<ESC>[H" moves the cursor to the "home"
position (upper-left) and "<ESC>[J" clears the screen from the cursor
forward, thus those would clear the entire screen.

The rest of VT100-isms, though, I've since forgotten. I think it's
trying to set the screen into widescreen mode (132x24).

It sounds like you need to use a terminal emulator that speaks VT100 or
ANSI (mostly the same with some subtle differences).

--Marc