[Simh] disk image tools for altair simulator?

Jason Stevens neozeed at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 09:45:41 EDT 2008

I did a small walk thru here:

http://virtuallyfun.blogspot.com/2007/05/zork-lives-on-altair.html

Just remember to use the altair z80 emulator, and if you are on a *nix box
you'll need to have the files you want to 'read' into
it as upper case.

% mv zork1.com ZORK1.COM
% mv zork1.dat ZORK1.DAT
% ./altairz80 cpm2
Altair 8800 (Z80) simulator V3.7-3
cpm2> set sio nosleep
Non-existent parameter
64K CP/M Version 2.2 (SIMH ALTAIR 8800, BIOS V1.25, 2 HD, 15-Jan-07)
A>i:
I>b:read zork1.com
READ V-2.22 (30-Dec-07) SIMH Interface V003
Read from "ZORK1.COM" and write to "ZORK1.COM".
PTR: unit is read only
8.5kB written.
I>b:read zork1.dat
READ V-2.22 (30-Dec-07) SIMH Interface V003
Read from "ZORK1.DAT" and write to "ZORK1.DAT".
PTR: unit is read only
83kB written.
I>dir
I: ZORK1    COM : ZORK1    DAT
I>zork1
ZORK I: The Great Underground Empire
Copyright (c) 1981, 1982, 1983 Infocom, Inc. All rights
reserved.
ZORK is a registered trademark of Infocom, Inc.
Revision 88 / Serial number 840726
West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with
a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.
>quit
Your score is 0 (total of 350 points), in 0 moves.
This gives you the rank of Beginner.
Do you wish to leave the game? (Y is affirmative): >y

Simulation stopped, PC: E52D (AND 01h)
sim> q

You get the idea..