[Simh] FW: FW: FTP client connecting to SIMH/OpenVMS?

Andrew Warkentin andreww591 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 00:03:57 EDT 2008

Peter Moreton wrote:
 >     Thanks for that insight Brad (and others). FYI, the issue affects XP
 >     as well as Linux. Now I am aware of the issue, I can work by using a
 >     PC on the LAN as a client and a PC on the LAN running SIMH, instead
 >     of both Client and SIMH on the same machine. Of course this means I
 >     cannot now develop client-server apps on one laptop while commuting
 >     on train, but hey....

You could also use the SLiRP patch. That is what I use. You can't access
the simulated system as a separate IP address with it (although you can
redirect ports by patching the source), and you can't use non-IP-based
protocols like DECnet, but for simple guest-to-host networking, it is
much better than PCAP. Also, it doesn't require privileges.