[Simh] disk image tools for altair simulator?

Rich Alderson simh at alderson.users.panix.com
Tue Jun 17 12:15:23 EDT 2008

> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 23:20:12 -0400
> From: "Jason Stevens" <neozeed at gmail.com>

> PS.  I've heard from a friend who heard it from someone else that Bob Supnik
> (of simh fame!) was the "somewhat paranoid DEC engineer" engineer that ported
> zork/adventure from MDL to FORTRAN...

I just want to point out that "zork/adventure" is misleading:  ADVENT is the
Crowther/Woods FORTRAN IV program written at BB&N and turned into a fantasy
adventure at SAIL.  ZORK is the MDL program written at the Modeling Dynamics
Lab at MIT, in response to ADVENT, and DUNGEO is the Fortran translation of the
latter.

And as far as I know, Bob *is* the DEC engineer in question.

                                                                Rich Alderson