[Simh] FW: FTP client connecting to SIMH/OpenVMS?

Peter Moreton petermoreton at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Jun 10 16:09:46 EDT 2008

Hmmm, maybe the problem is simpler than I thought. My PC is on 192.168.1.67 and is running a SIMH OpenVMS host on 192.168.1.3. The PC can ping the VMS machine just fine, so I presumed that networking was 100% good.  However, I just tried to FTP and Telnet from the PC, into the OpenVMS host, and in fact, the connection does establish, but no data is returned from VMS. It's as though the VAX cannot find a route to get it's responses back to the PC.... even though they are on the same LAN... Should I be declaring a UCX ROUTE? - surely not...

All new Live Search at Live.com

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000006ukm/direct/01/