[Simh] Problems running SIMH CP/M on Mac OSX 10.5.4`

Lee Hauser online at ohnosecond.com
Mon Jul 14 23:04:24 EDT 2008

simh-owner at trailing-edge.com
 to me

show details 8:01 PM (0 minutes ago)

You are not allowed to post to this mailing list, and your message has
been automatically rejected.  If you think that your messages are
being rejected in error, contact the mailing list owner at
simh-owner at trailing-edge.com.
I've been trying to run CP/M 2.2 on the SIMH Altair simulator. It
doesn't work; if I double-click the cpm2 script directly it opens
Terminal and responds with:

Last login: Mon Jul 14 19:52:41 on ttys000
administrators-macbook-pro-15:~ lee$ /Users/lee/altairz80osx/cpm2 ; exit;
/Users/lee/altairz80osx/cpm2: line 1: d: command not found
/Users/lee/altairz80osx/cpm2: line 2: attach: command not found
/Users/lee/altairz80osx/cpm2: line 3: attach: command not found
/Users/lee/altairz80osx/cpm2: line 4: attach: command not found
reset: unknown terminal type cpu
Terminal type?

When I respond with "VT100" (which I'm sure is the wrong choice) it
responds with:

Erase is delete.
Interrupt is control-C (^C).
/Users/lee/altairz80osx/cpm2: line 13: boot: command not found
logout

[Process completed]

If I run the simulator first, and use the commands

sim> attach dsk cpm2.dsk
sim> boot dsk

terminal simply stops responding.

I ran the CP/M simulator successfully on a Windows XP machine, so I'm
not at all sure what is wrong. I'd appreciate any help!

Lee Hauser