[Simh] PDP 8 Emulator

Christian Buchegger Christian at buchegger-home.de
Sat Jan 26 06:57:04 EST 2008

John,

the rx floppy system usually work ok; Where did you take the images from ?
Maybe a previous post I did on this list helps:
http://mailman.trailing-edge.com/pipermail/simh/2007-June/001149.html

Regarding the dt0: access check, if the the driver is included in the build you are using.
RESORC /E
should do the job.

.RESORC /E

21 FILES IN 433 BLOCKS
5 FREE BLOCKS

#  NAME TYPE MODE SIZ BLK KIND U V ENT USER
01 SYS  RX8E RWF  494 SYS      0 E  07
02 DSK  RX8E RWF  494 SYS      0 E  07
03 PTR  PTR  R        16  PT8E   A 112
04 RXA0 RX8E RWF  494 17         E  30
05 RXA1 RX8E RWF  494 17         E  34
06 RKA0 RK8E RWF 3248 20  RK05 0 A  20
07 RKB0 RK8E RWF 3248 20  RK05 0 A  21
10 RKA1 RK8E RWF 3248 20  RK05 1 A  22
11 RKB1 RK8E RWF 3248 20  RK05 1 A  23
12 TTY  TTY  RW       21+ KL8E   E 176
13 LPT  LPTR W        22+ LQP    D  03

FREE DEVICE SLOTS: 04,  FREE BLOCK SLOTS: 03
OS/8 V3Q

As you can see the rx disks do not contain this driver.
I have a distribution of OS/8 V3T available; i wasnt able to find the place where I downloaded it 2 years ago.
This dist does have all the drivers, if you are keen getting DT devices to run.

Hope this helps,
Christian