[Simh] Simh execution speed improvement - about 45% improvement.

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Wed Jan 23 16:58:14 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-22 20:21:00 -0500, Davis Johnson <davis at frizzen.com> wrote:
> improvement from inlining alone. Function call overhead is relatively
> small, after all. I did expect it to be at least measurable. I expected

Calling a function is quite some thing! I wouldn't call it `small'
after all!  RAM accessing is one of the most used operations and as a
hot path, every single CPU instruction used to access it really counts
a lot...

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw at lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
 Signature of:                            If it doesn't work, force it.