[Simh] attaching a tape virtual file without stopping simulation

Marc Chametzky marc at bluevine.net
Tue Jan 22 12:27:37 EST 2008

> How can I attach a tape virtual file to the TQ0 simulated device in simh
> without stopping simulation with CTRL-E ?

You can't, but you do have 20 seconds to do it before the system(s) will
crash with a CLUEXIT bugcheck. When I was doing some experiments, I was
able to unload and load tapes in the SIMH console within the 20 second
period.

You can also change the SYSGEN parameter RECNXINTERVAL to have a larger
timeout.

--Marc