[Simh] HP2100 MSU BASIC

Tim Riker Tim at Rikers.org
Mon Feb 25 18:57:45 EST 2008

J. David Bryan wrote:
> Well, we're getting a bit far afield from SIMH.  We can continue this
> offline.  Does your "rikers.org" address work?

sure. as you discovered. :)

>> Still waiting for CHM to put them up someplace... :(
>
> In defense of Al and the CHM, HP delivered an absolute TON of stuff.
> Several gigabytes of tape images from a time when the average file size was
> on the order of 5K.  Something over 800,000 files, all stored in a variety
> of proprietary HP formats.  Not to mention fifty or so cartons of
> documents.
>
> I suppose that the CHM could simply dump all of this stuff on a DVD, but
> without decoders for the formats (which imply getting the HP operating
> systems under which they ran up and running on SIMH first), it isn't going
> to be of much use.  Even just cataloging what's there or scanning the
> manuals is a staggering job.

Agreed. I'd be happy to help though if I could get to the raw images. I
suspect many others would too. Set up some interactive web app to track,
put up the raw files in a temp location, and then let a larger group
help catalog and organize. Perhaps they are not to the point where the
work can cleanly be divided up yet. Dunno.

By the way... fixing BSS support in the assembler got me up and running.
Thanx! New Perl assembler is here:

http://rikers.org/hp2100/asm21-pl.txt
--
Tim Riker - http://Rikers.org/ - TimR at Debian.org