[Simh] HP2100 MSU BASIC

Tim Riker Tim at Rikers.org
Mon Feb 25 18:05:54 EST 2008

J. David Bryan wrote:
> Your assembler has a problem.  It is emitting zeros for BSS statements, but
> this is wrong.  BSS should only advance the program counter.  In other
> words, BSS should "leave a hole" in the output stream.

ah ha! This sounds like it! I'll fix the perl script.

What are you using for an assembler? I'd love to get that to compare output.

> Actually, I pulled the source and binaries from the HP LOCUS (a.k.a.
> contributed library) tape.  The sources compare to yours, except that you
> have a few hard-coded 11B select codes in "22255.asm" that are coded as 00
> in the LOCUS source.  These aren't significant, though, as the I/O
> instructions involved are reconfigured at run time for the TTY channel.

yep, forgot to change those back. That was from earlier testing. I've
fixed that now. thx!

I'd love to get copies of the LOCUS tapes, or any other hp2100 tape
images! Still waiting for CHM to put them up someplace... :(

--
Tim Riker - http://Rikers.org/ - TimR at Debian.org
Embedded Linux Technologist - http://eLinux.org/