[Simh] SET CPU 48M ?

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Fri Feb 1 12:01:28 EST 2008

>Thomas Pfau wrote:

>ka655.bin is the original 3900 microcode that only supports 16M of memory.

  Does anybody know the history of this restriction?  I have a real KA655
(uVAX-III+, M7625) with 48Mb of RAM and it doesn't have a problem with this.
The standard DEC MS650-BA memory card was 16Mb and the backplane (or rather
the PMI jumper cable) could accommodate three of them, so I wouldn't think
that 48Mb on a MicroVAX-III would be that unusual.  Is the KA655 ROM image
that comes with simh a really old version or something?

Bob