[Simh] PDP11 DZ-Driver and RSX11M

Holger Veit holger.veit at iais.fraunhofer.de
Wed Dec 3 05:53:32 EST 2008

Hi,
I am currently trying to get the simh DZ11 device to work with RSX11M
4.4 BL46, to test serial stuff. I have generated a new system with
support for the card in, and VMR reports that it has TT1: to TT10: (TT0:
is the CO: resp. YL: device which works). I have used the CSRs and
vectors that simh reports on DZ, something like 17760100 (or 160100 in
16bit speak) and vector 300, but when I boot the new system, it will
report the various disk devices I have generated, but none of the DZ mux
   devices at all. I observed that simh SHO DEV reports the vectors for
8 lines as 300-304 (or with 16 lines as 300-314) which should be
300-307, but this is maybe just a fallacy of the show_vec() routine. In
case this  would be a bug I tried to fool simh/RSX by telling simh to
have 16 lines (300-314) but only generating 4 lines (YZ = 300,160100,3,
in sysgen) but this doesn't make a difference.

Did I forget anything - my RSX knowledge has come to age a bit, or has
the The Last Bug(tm) popped up here?

--
Regards
Holger