[Simh] RTE-6/VM configuration

J. David Bryan jdbryan at acm.org
Wed Aug 27 13:29:37 EDT 2008

On Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 2:22, Andrew Warkentin wrote:

> Also, how are you supposed to add the MUX lines to the session manager?

You can't, at least not until the next version of SIMH.

The MUX device is the 12920A 16-channel multiplexer.  This device requires
a privileged system generation, a 12620A Privileged Interrupt Fence card,
and driver DVS00.  None of these are present in SIMH or the primary.

The RTE primary is configured to use the 12792A/B/C 8-channel multiplexer.
This device will be in the next version of SIMH.  (I should have the HP
portion completed in the next few weeks.)

> I tried adding LUs 82-89 (in the primary system) as stations in the
> configration table....

The 12792 mux needs to have its ports configured before use, so you will
need to execute FMGR commands such as:

  :CT,82,30B,142330B
  :CT,82,33B,023103B
  :CT,82,20B

...for each port that you want to use.  See:

  http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/hp/1000/A-series/5955-
8867_12792B_usersMan_Jan85.pdf

...for details of the configuration parameters (note that the 12792
manual PDFs are misfiled under the A-Series directory; they are actually
M/E/F-Series devices).

                                      -- Dave